Remarkable Food & Remarkable Partners
Top 10 FAQ’s for caterers
1. Q : What is your /our core offering?
A : Savory Pies – for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and late nights.
We also accompany the pies with a range of sides, desserts, gravies and drinks.
2. Are your pies authentic to Australia?
A. No. pies in Australia are hand held street food, - like a hot dog.
Our pies are much more gourmet.
3. How/why are your pies “gourmet”?
- We take 3 days to make our pies with 24-28 hours marinating, then slow cooking for 2-4 hours – then we let the filling rest overnight, and finally blind bake the pastry shell and add a croissant pie top. We add an edible rice paper label for easy identification of flavors.
- Our Chef, Joe Youkhan, is a Chopped Champion
4. What is different/famous/remarkable about your food?
We stack our pies on a wide range of sides & gravies.
People love the diversity of flavors - and the fun of stacking themselves - or having it stacked in about 20 seconds.
"Our pies take 3 days to make and about 30 seconds to serve"
5. What flavors of pies and sides and gravies do you have? Do you offer veggie, GF, Veggie options?
YES. – see dietary guide.
6. What sizes do your pies come in?
9” Family - 6-8 slices
7. Do you offer wholesale prices?
YES-ish. We offer small discounts based on volume.
As all our pies and sides are hand made, we don't offer large volume discounts as we have no economy of scale.
Your real profit comes from your ability to mark up our food – usually in the 30-60% range.
$0-$250 No discount from retail
$250-500 3% discount from retail
$500-1000 4% from retail
$1000 + 5% from retail
8. How is food accessed.
- You can pick it up.
- We can deliver*
- We can provide servers at a buffet station or full service*
9. What equipment is available & necessary to keep food warm?
On many “quick service” eg lunches, no equipment is required.
On longer service and buffet, we need bain marie and proofers to keep pies, sides and gravy warm
We can often rent you our equipment, and Classic party rentals has all the equipment we need as well.
10. What is the most common way people consume your food.
Family style - self service
Pie in a box - individual serves